Friday, October 30, 2015

I Am an Emperor! J.K. Just Mediocre.

Post #3

If asked 'do politics play a role in Civ V?', I would say you're crazy and proceed to rant about the Spanish.

My empire, AKA the Mongolian Experience, dabbles in politics on a turn-ly basis.  Between several city states and a couple of empires including Greece, I am in constant contact with other rulers.  For most of the game, diplomacy is important for trade and overall transportation across the map.  For the Mongols, the only diplomacy I see is when countries go to war with me, or I them.  

As of this writing, this logo, that of the Spanish, is shown the most throughout the game.  80% of Spain's territory borders mine, and we are in constant border wars with each other.  

Power struggles are a real thing in the game, like really real.  If you are not 'friendly' with other territories, then you can not partake in open borders with them, which means that you have even longer to get somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment